Thursday 20 November 2008

Cockfosters 2 Holmer Green 1

Another league cup competitions brings me to Cockfosters. A bit of a landmark for me as its my 150th ground. After a long journey on the Piccadilly Line and a brief stop at the chippy by the station i make my way to Dacre Field. Now i have to admit at this point i have a soft spot for Holmer Green after my visit there last year so i guess my alliance for this game were them. The Ground has very little there! A small seated section on the near side and a pathway around 3 sides. The other side has just a row of bushes behind the goal.
I feel i must also praise the programme editors at Cockfosters, it was by far one of the best Non League Programmes i have read in a while! The game could have gone either way with both teams having spells of pressure. I thought the referee was spot on and have a very good game. The deciding goal came from a nice run and good finish in the last five minutes or so. I must recommend Cockfosters to any groundhoppers if only for the programme!

No comments: